Thursday 28 March 2013

Teacup Fairy

Hi, ok this is the last one for now as I need to try and get some sleep...

I love this image, it is called 'Teacup Fairy' and it is from Mo's Digital Pencil and the image can be purchased from http://digitalpenciltoo.com/index.php/Teacup-Fairy.html

I actually made this card for my mum when she was poorly.  I loved the purples and lilac colours and wanted to start learning to use my pro markers.  This is what I ended up with. 

The flowers and Leaves were out of y stash as was the Ribbon (one of the sheer ones)  I ordered the Silver Heart Charm ages ago and it was also in my stash and I just added a few diamontes to it.  The diamontes are also on the flowers on the up and saucer and I used a silver glitter pen in the wings and around the swirls.  I really love this card and feel very proud of it!

I know that I need to work on my colouring, and practice some shading.  A lovely lady (Kate Wiles) as did two lovely ladies also from Wild Rose Studios (SallyAnn Baker) and (Dulcie Mascord) gave me some great advice, and helped me find some confidence.

Well, for my first go I am pleased.  I am hoping to colour this image again just to see if I can improve my colouring, work on my shading and try out different colours. I think pink will have to be one! 

Thanks for looking and please feel free to leave me any tips or advice on colouring, shading etc. 

Hugs xx


4 comments:

  1. love the composition on this card just the perfect balance and a lovely image
    Hugs Kate xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kate :0) I really appreciate all the feedback I get :0)

      Hugs Sonia x

      Delete
  2. Unusual colours but it works, Sonia! Very attractive card. Try a little shadow colour under the cup in the saucer for a bit more perspective.
    Love, Lynda xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lym.

    Thank you for your comment, I will try a little shadow under the cup in the saucer on my next one,(what colour would you suggest/recommend?.

    I am hopefully going to colour some more images and put them up before I make them into cards. I have another one to put up and hope to do it over the next couple of days.

    Many thanks for your feedback
    Hugs, Sonia xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment

Sonia x