Monday 3 June 2013

Basket of Flowers

Hi :D

Today you get my final flowery one!  Which is Basket of Flowers. 

 
 
As you can see I got a bit more adventurous, my confidence is slowly building :)
 
I have decoupaged a basket of flowers which are lovely they were good fun to do and keep me quiet.
 
The card is a larger one with scalloped edges, I wanted to leave a lot of white space for the border this time. 
 
I thought I would use this light tan Basil card and my Martha Stewart Punch.  (Have to use them as they were a new purchase). 
 
I only did the left and right borders, as I did not want to push my luck, and was pleased with the effect :)  I did think about adding diamante's to the flowers but chose not to this time as they were elsewhere. 
 
I then used some Purple card which is pearlised and punched along the top and bottom to contrast the tan panel.  I love the way it came together. 
I added a ribbon along the bottom and a bow on the top right hand corner of the decoupage panel and finally I got out the gems :)
 
 

 
 
There are clear gems slightly larger on the purple panel, ribbon and outside white part of the card.
There are the tiny purple pearlised (3 mm) gems on the yellow flowers in the centre (I think they are pansies)
 
 
 
 
 
Finally, I did this on the inside, again very simple, the purple pearlised card for the inside, using the Martha Stewart Punch on the bottom  and then a bow in the top left hand corner.
 
I hope you like it, and that the write ups are ok.  I just started to do them so if anyone wanted a go they could and also my memory is a bit like mush at the moment so it will help me remember!
 
Hugs
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment

Sonia x